Monday, January 03, 2011

My Morning Necessity(ies)

It goes without saying that each and every morning I need coffee. Lots, and lots, and lots, and LOTS of coffee!! My one addiction - freely admitted, and much adored!!

I thought that was my one and only necessity every morning, but upon closer and more careful reflection it seems I also need ... my morning routine. All of it! Each and every step of it.

Unchanged, unaltered, and completely unremarkable as it may be:

Sit up in bed, take note of what does or doesn't hurt. Take care of personal and oral hygiene. Let dogs out, fill their water and food bowls, let dogs back in and giggle watching them trip over themselves in their mad rush to get to their food. Make my coffee, turn on TV to catch the news and weather while going through my email and Facebook news feeds. Sip - nay, GUZZLE - coffee, and then pour myself some more!

I allow anywhere from 15 mins to 1/2 hour for the TV/email/FB/coffee segment, then get dressed for work and out the door I go. If it isn't a work day then I simply get on with the rest of my day.

Work day or otherwise, the routine is the same. And it is the routine, as much as the coffee, that I need each and every morning for the rest of my day to be "OK" - even if it turns out to be a totally NOT OK day!

Make any sense at all? Right, then. Not to me either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make TOTAL sense. Me, too.
Maria
hawfpm